[ExI] Whatever happened to peak oil by 2020?

Tomaz Kristan protokol2020 at gmail.com
Wed May 8 08:52:59 UTC 2013

> Yeah, they drill like the demented and get less and less per well and
effort spent, and energy invested.

Where this newly needed energy to extract the oil comes from? I guess from
the oil pumped out. So where is the problem?

You don't imply that they use the solar and wind for it? (It would be good
also, if you ask me. But there is no economically viable wind to help
pumping the oil. So they use the oil itself.)

1 Gt of oil may stay under the ground, or we may use 1 Mt of it to pump 999
Mt of this oil to the market.

In fact, the oil pumping efficiency goes up with always better technologies.