[ExI] Whatever happened to peak oil by 2020?

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Wed May 8 15:25:16 UTC 2013

On Wed, May 8, 2013 Tomaz Kristan <protokol2020 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yes, indeed! After 7 or so years after the peek oil, they still don't get
> it! Even those oil diggers

It's not just the oil diggers that don't get it, I don't get it either, I
don't get how something can peak 7 years ago and yet be larger now than it
was then. There is one thing that oil diggers do get, at least the oil
diggers in the USA, and that is modern fracking is changing the world.

> instead of realizing it they just pump it ever more and more.

Exactly, they keep pumping more and more oil, at least they do in the USA
the country that pioneered the technology of modern hydrological
fracturing; in 2012 the USA saw the largest yearly increase in oil
production since oil drilling started in 1859. Most OPEC countries have
been slow to embrace fracking, perhaps because it wasn't invented there,
perhaps because they didn't feel the urgency to increase production that
the USA felt, but sooner or later OPEC will start to use fracking in a big
way and when they do I see no reason why they won't be equally successful
at dramatically increasing their production.

Obviously environmentalists hate fracking with a passion, they have no
choice in the matter, they are duty bound to hate any new energy source.

  John K Clark