[ExI] Science confirms: Politics wrecks your ability to do math

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 21:03:34 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 12:57 PM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> Worse, we are pretty numerate on this list. What horrific biases might we
> harbour about things? (Looks worried at the energy quarrel and takes cover)

Indeed.  It is one's intellectual responsibility, to honesty, to recognize
such biases within oneself and accept when the data might prove that one's
own cherished opinions are wrong.

Perhaps we can not fix this in most of humanity.  But each and every one of
us can fix this within ourselves, so that at least we avoid making the
problem worse...and perhaps inspire others to rise with us, that we can all
find agreement based on what actually is, regardless of what we wish would
be.