[ExI] Science confirms: Politics wrecks your ability to do math

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Sun Nov 3 21:44:11 UTC 2013

On Sun, Nov 3, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Adrian Tymes  wrote:
> Perhaps we can not fix this in most of humanity.  But each and every one of
> us can fix this within ourselves, so that at least we avoid making the
> problem worse...and perhaps inspire others to rise with us, that we can all
> find agreement based on what actually is, regardless of what we wish would
> be.

A noble thought....... But it makes me think, be careful what you wish for.

Humans are emotion driven creatures. There are floods of constantly
changing chemicals coursing through our bodies and brains. If you lose
the emotions, you lose a lot of what makes you human.

Perhaps the benefit of increased rationality might have rather large
unforeseen consequences.

Kirk: At times you seem quite human.
Spock: Captain, I don't think that insults are within your prerogative
as my commanding officer.

BillK