[ExI] Awesome disaster

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 00:52:55 UTC 2013

On Sat, Nov 2, 2013 at 7:57 AM, Keith Henson <hkeithhenson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I only recently became aware of this, some you might have known about
> it for years.
>

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Sayano%E2%80%93Shushenskaya_power_station_accident#
> !
>
> Wow.  A 900 ton spinning generator rotor flying out of the floor.

This is the first time I've heard of this as well. That's quite a mess they
made there.

My question is, If this were a nuclear power plant, do you think this would
be the first time you would have heard about it? 70 people killed makes
hydroelectric more dangerous than nuclear power, wouldn't you think? Why
aren't people down picketing Hoover Dam to make them stop producing power
in such a dangerous way?

-Kelly