[ExI] What happens when Bitcoin goes to a million bucks?

Kelly Anderson kellycoinguy at gmail.com
Thu Nov 14 08:08:05 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 8, 2013 at 2:35 AM, Mirco Romanato <painlord2k at libero.it> wrote:

>   That being said, what does Bitcoin specifically (or cryptocurrency in
> > general) add to the scenario that isn't provided by government backed
> > currencies?
>
> Bitcoin add trust because it is trustless.

Ok, I get that part. But I don't see really what it has to do with the
Singularity specifically.

> Fiat currency (but also gold and silver) can not add trust because they
> can be debased, payment reversed, fund seized at the source bank, in
> transit and at the receiving bank and from the hand of the payer and the
> payed.

Not good, of course.

> Governments or sociopathic AIs

Governments are just one type of sociopathic AI...

> could and would exploit the weakness of
> the system like sociopathic speculators and politics exploit the system
> now. Given their time preferences and limited resources they could not
> even understand the scope of the damage they are doing to others and
> themselves in the present and future.

I get all these advantages of Bitcoin. The question remains as to how this
specifically relates to the Singularity. Sorry if I'm being dense here, it
is late.

-Kelly