[ExI] What happens when Bitcoin goes to a million bucks?

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Nov 20 14:59:11 UTC 2013

 On Behalf Of Eugenio Martínez

"Whoever wants to see the world governed according to his
own ideas must strive for dominion over men’s minds.... Men cannot be
made happy against their will."
Liberalism, p. 46

COOL!  Eugenio, who wrote that?

 (I say that because, as far as I know, there are more than two parties in
USA, but it is impossible for one of the other parties to reach everybody)

We have a number of third parties which tend to mostly ally themselves with
one of the two majors.  In the past two decades, our two major parties have
become nearly indistinguishable.  A new one came along recently, the Tea
Party, with the main platform of “Don’t raise taxes, cut spending.”  That
sounded right to me.  The two majors united in common cause against that
one.  Even the IRS got in on the act, illegally suppressing that party at
every opportunity.  They got caught.  Nothing happened.  It appears nothing
will happen.

Does that tell you what you need to know about American politics?

The problem with that quote is that No Government is also a way of
governing and I´d say that is not desired by general public (since nobody
votes anarchist or anachcapitalist parties).

Eugenio, I am astonished at how often in America today we are seeing the
concept of limited  central government being equated with no government.  We
see the concept of states (rather than the Fed) doing most of the governing
being equated to anarchy.  We see the concept of local governments doing
that for which they were established being equated with chaos.  The notion
that the Federal government is held to the intentionally strict guidelines
of its own Constitution is treated as a quaint and outdated theory,
established by racists and slavers.  It then follows with how wonderful it
will all be if a big brother federal government just does everything for us,
feeds our poor, supports our unemployed, heals our sickness, binds our
wounds, stops the rising of the seas, holds our helpless little hands and
tells us exactly what we are to do.