[ExI] What happens when Bitcoin goes to a million bucks?

Eugenio Martínez rolandodegilead at gmail.com
Wed Nov 20 10:54:41 UTC 2013

> > I don´t find a problem having more government as far as this government
> > works under certain guarantees.
>
> Me too...but I'm not sure your "certain guarantees" are mines.
>
> "Whoever wants to see the world governed according to his
> own ideas must strive for dominion over men’s minds. It is
> impossible, in the long run, to subject men against their will to
> a regime that they reject. Whoever tries to do so by force will
> ultimately come to grief, and the struggles provoked by his
> attempt will do more harm than the worst government based
> on the consent of the governed could ever do. Men cannot be
> made happy against their will."
> Liberalism, p. 46

Certain guarantees are that the government is easily changeable if it fails
and punishable if it is deserved. Like in modern democracies, but in a more
equalitarian way (I say that because, as far as I know, there are more than
two parties in USA, but it is impossible for one of the other parties to
reach everybody)

The problem with that quote is that No Government is also a way of
governing and I´d say that is not desired by general public (since nobody
votes anarchist or anachcapitalist parties).

Also, I don´t know when a nation will embrace transhumanism. Maybe in 50
years. I don´t know how many years it will take to develop. Maybe 50 years
more. But I know that 101 years later, all the nations will embrace it or
will be left behind. Because of his own definition, I cannot know what
happens after singularity, but I think that grief and struggles would be
futile against a government protected with transhumanist forces.

 > A government is the "bondsman" (Guarantor?) that watch if rules are kept
> > and that weak ones are not abused.
>
> The problems arise when the particular "bondsman" is unable or unwilling
> to work as intended.

Then is when the certain guarantees comes to scene.

> "Government is a guarantor of liberty and is compatible with
> liberty only if its range is adequately restricted to the preservation
> of what is called economic freedom."
> Human Action, p. 283

Well. Economic freedom is Ok. It is a right. But I´d say that there are
more important rights like right to work, food, healthcare,physical
integrity, freedom of expression, fair trials, education and that kind of
basic things. If that fails, system is not working. Just economic freedom
means child labour. And that is a non working system.

"Once the principle is admitted that it is duty of government
> to protect the individual against his own foolishness, no serious
> objections can be advanced against further encroachments."
> Human Action, pp. 728–29, p. 733

Oh, no no no no. Not against his own foolishness, but against other people
foolishness. Now I am suffering banks and Lehman Brothers lack of ethics
and I am unemployed for first time on my life. That is because economic
freedom. I´d like to be protected. In Spain 12 billion € has been stolen to
citizens by banks selling preferred stock as fixed income and nobody is in
prison because economic freedom. Defrauded ones would like to be protected.

> > Furthermore: If there is a strong IA it would be the perfect
> > government... and the perfect worker. We, as humans, will not need to
> > work anymore.
>
> I'm not sure a strong AI will be happy to exist as a manservant and man
> keeper. You know, just like in a jail.

If you just add more computational power, is just a little task. Like visit
your parents in the weekend. Or like move a finger.

>  > That idea entail a lot of problems, of course. Vgr: what to do with
> > productive private property
>
> Leave it to their legitimate owners?

It´s ok. But then.. if there is a IA that can work, the productive private
property owners would buy it and there would be 100% unemployent and
hunger. There is an existencial problem. Caused why? Because having in our
hands the solution to one of the main problems of humanity (work division,
unemployment, low salaries and class struggle), private property of a few
was considered more important that the right to live with dignity of
everybody