[ExI] What happens when Bitcoin goes to a million bucks?

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Tue Nov 19 14:41:14 UTC 2013

Il 19/11/2013 12:22, Eugenio Martínez ha scritto:

> I don´t find a problem having more government as far as this government
> works under certain guarantees.

Me too...but I'm not sure your "certain guarantees" are mines.

"Whoever wants to see the world governed according to his
own ideas must strive for dominion over men’s minds. It is
impossible, in the long run, to subject men against their will to
a regime that they reject. Whoever tries to do so by force will
ultimately come to grief, and the struggles provoked by his
attempt will do more harm than the worst government based
on the consent of the governed could ever do. Men cannot be
made happy against their will."
Liberalism, p. 46

> A government is the "bondsman" (Guarantor?) that watch if rules are kept
> and that weak ones are not abused.

The problems arise when the particular "bondsman" is unable or unwilling
to work as intended.
This because government is conceived as a monopoly of force and coercion.

"Government is a guarantor of liberty and is compatible with
liberty only if its range is adequately restricted to the preservation
of what is called economic freedom."
Human Action, p. 283

"Once the principle is admitted that it is duty of government
to protect the individual against his own foolishness, no serious
objections can be advanced against further encroachments."
Human Action, pp. 728–29, p. 733

> Furthermore: If there is a strong IA it would be the perfect
> government... and the perfect worker. We, as humans, will not need to
> work anymore.

I'm not sure a strong AI will be happy to exist as a manservant and man
keeper. You know, just like in a jail.

> That idea entail a lot of problems, of course. Vgr: what to do with
> productive private property

Leave it to their legitimate owners?

Mirco