[ExI] FDA Tells Google-Backed 23andMe to Halt DNA Test Service

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Wed Nov 27 20:29:44 UTC 2013

Il 26/11/2013 23:18, spike ha scritto:

> At this point, those kits are selling themselves.  I have sold four of
> them to family members in a quest to find out something I now almost
> wish I didn’t know.  It has now created a chain reaction of sorts, with
> more kits being sold to cousins of cousins who want to know things they
> might later regret.

They could just sell them on a blank page telling they can not, by FDA
injunction, sell the kit for any particular purpose.

They could just spin off the company in two halves:
1) one half, in the US, selling the kit and making the raw data
available to the customers
2)second half, outside the US, taking the data of the first half (or any
other data by the way, make it "generic" and interpreting it for the
customers.

And they could allow bitcoin payments too, just to avoid unnecessary
fees and obstructions by banks and payment processors.

Mirco