[ExI] Meditations on the million year mind.

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Oct 10 07:46:51 UTC 2013

On Wed, Oct 09, 2013 at 11:43:38PM -0700, Adrian Tymes wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:36 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
>
> > You seem to have to made up your mind to ignore the only
> > methods which can provably, potentially save your ass, today.
> >

> Except:
>
> * They haven't been proven.  It won't be proven until people start being

Yes, we provably have ultrastructure preservation *and*
function preservation. If you don't know this, you've not done
your due diligence, and dumping straight from /dev/ass

> uploaded (or "coalesced", or whatever you choose to term it) and this is
> observed to work.  Until then, there is always room for the theory to be
> missing something.

You're definitely missing something: you're dying.

> * They won't save my ass today.  Maybe some decades from now, if they work

Have fun in the crematorium oven, then. Buh-bye.

> - and if they can be made to work in time for me.  They didn't come soon
> enough for many who came before us; if this won't work before I need it,
> then I have no incentive to invest in it.

Yes, yes, I pegged you exactly right. You have no reason to put your
money where your mouth is. A real killing joke, for once.