[ExI] What if humans were twice as intelligent?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 00:38:55 UTC 2013

On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se> wrote:

> On 2013-10-14 11:00, BillK wrote:
>
>> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 10:47 AM, Anders Sandberg wrote:
>>
>>> The point about personality mattering is very
>>> true: intelligence is multiplicative with motivation, neither can
>>> substitute
>>> for the other.
>>>
>>>  i.e. The evil genius will be twice as bad. (Smiles and strokes white
>> cat).
>>

> And have to contend with millions of peers. (Similes and strokes an
> identical white cat)

Where do evil geniuses source these cats?  Are they lab-grown clones?
Seems like an unhealthy dependence on a particular genotype.

tbh, I first assumed they were the same cat (identity of indiscernibles)
but that had the comical result of two smiling evil geniuses sharing the
same pet; clearly that's just weird.