[ExI] What if humans were twice as intelligent?

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Oct 15 07:37:58 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-15 01:38, Mike Dougherty wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 14, 2013 at 7:19 AM, Anders Sandberg <anders at aleph.se
> <mailto:anders at aleph.se>> wrote:
>
>     On 2013-10-14 11:00, BillK wrote:
>

>         i.e. The evil genius will be twice as bad. (Smiles and strokes
>         white cat).
>

>     And have to contend with millions of peers. (Similes and strokes
>     an identical white cat)
>

> Where do evil geniuses source these cats?  Are they lab-grown clones?
> Seems like an unhealthy dependence on a particular genotype.

There is an app for that:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/blofeld/id289049840?mt=8
(this is what I use during meetings to indicate that I got an evil idea)

But just as there is http://www.privateislandsonline.com/ there has to
be some cat cloning company.

> tbh, I first assumed they were the same cat (identity of
> indiscernibles) but that had the comical result of two smiling evil
> geniuses sharing the same pet; clearly that's just weird.

Yes, sharing is a skill most evil geniuses are bad at. Many of the best
evil geniuses are into altruism bigtime (think of Trevor Goodchild), but
*sharing* is not one of their skills.

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute