[ExI] Another step towards uploading

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Oct 16 03:32:11 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 11, 2013 at 8:21 AM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> If there's a poor cryonics presence in your area, don't
> expect that by paying your member dues the situation will magically
> fix itself. You have to become a little more proactive.
>
> Many people all over the world are facing that problem, let's
> organize, that everybody can help themselves.

### I live in VA, only a couple of hours' flight from Scottsdale, so I
am reasonably well covered (although not as well as Californians or
Arizonians). The biggest problem could be a sudden death or unexpected
terminal hospital admission with loss of the ability to contact Alcor
(e.g. car accident with brain trauma, followed by ICU stay and death)
- in this situation you are screwed even if you live in Scottsdale
itself.

I wonder how difficult would it be to adapt a personal medical
monitoring system to cryonics needs. A device continuously worn on
your wrist, like an active cryonics bracelet, with the ability to
wirelessly scream for Alcor if you stop moving and body temperature
drops, would be pretty cool. The same device might be also readable by
EMS, and could contain power-of-attorney information, so the
likelihood of inappropriate end-of-life care would be reduced.

Rafal