[ExI] Warren Buffett is worried too and thinks Republicans are "asinine"

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Sat Oct 19 15:52:36 UTC 2013

On Sat, Oct 19, 2013 at 08:01:17AM -0700, spike wrote:

> Ja.  BillK, how are the Brits doing?  Are you guys balancing your books
> these days?  Eugen, how are the Germans doing?  Anders, Swedes?  Italians

The Germans are only doing well in comparison to rest of Europe.

Krautlandia a low-wage country with about zero domestic demand and rising
income inequality, entirely reliant on exports, and some of the
exports (e.g. non-EV cars) are known to experience problem in future.
If exports collapse, Germany will be hurting very badly, very soon.

There are locations like Norway or Switzerland which are doing quite
well.