[ExI] Life extension

Anders Sandberg anders at aleph.se
Tue Oct 22 13:11:00 UTC 2013

On 2013-10-22 10:28, Eugen Leitl wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 09:12:36AM +0100, BillK wrote:
>
>> Remember there are many people here that are older than you.
>> If it gives you a bad feeling, think how it feels to them.
> It is touching that the kids think a few decades are going
> to make a difference. You'd better be already using that
> anti-aging therapy *right now* in order to profit from it.
Actually, future therapies might be good enough if one is non-old
enough. Remember those sims I did,
http://www.aleph.se/andart/archives/2009/09/life_extension_model.html ?
Of course, the sensible thing is to factor in hefty Bayesian uncertainty
about everything anyway - hence the need for close-to-present risk
minimization.

> Oops. There is no validated anti-aging therapy yet.
Which reminds me. I will be talking to UK policymakers next week about
life extension. What policy suggestions ought I make?

--
Dr Anders Sandberg
Future of Humanity Institute