[ExI] europeans say yanks are spying

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Thu Oct 24 15:36:16 UTC 2013

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 04:24:37PM +0100, BillK wrote:

> Businesses are also moving their 'cloud' data files away from US based
> companies.

It doesn't matter where your cloud is hosted.

You want to be safe, use client-side encryption,
and never let the cloud see cleartext, and be
really really protective of your secret key
unlocking it. Once stolen, you're toast.

Oh, and if you're using a proprietary system:
you're still fucked. Put it on an air gap,
never let it see the Internet.

> The NSA is making the US into a pariah state.

Creeping TLA overreach is just a symptom.
We've got a failure of democracy on our hands.

Got a technical fix for that?