[ExI] europeans say yanks are spying

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Oct 24 16:02:30 UTC 2013

-----------------
>...The NSA is making the US into a pariah state.
BillK

The yanks deserve it BillK.

The way it looks to me, the US is going thru one of those generational
confirmations of the long-known truth that power corrupts.  Back in our
grandparents' generation, the poster child for corrupt power-mad dictator
was Hitler.  What wasn't known so well was that Roosevelt was doing some
remarkably similar power grabbing in the states during the 1930s, such as
running for a third (and later fourth) term, pressuring private industry and
wealthy citizens to put money into the economy, stacking the supreme court,
grabbing power for the executive branch under the New Deal, etc.

In our parents' generation, Nixon seriously asked if a president could
pardon himself, and was at a loss to see why not.  He used the IRS as a
weapon and spied on his political opponents in Watergate.  When told he
could not pardon himself, he took his marbles and went home.

In our generation, our government is doing everything both previous
generations' overreaching governments did and more, with the exception of
running for a third term.  I have however been seeing more and more Michelle
Obama '16 suggestions.  It didn't take long this time: as soon as the fed
was given a lot of power, it IMMEDIATELY demonstrated that it was both
corrupt and incompetent.