[ExI] inernet whiffenpoof, was: RE: Tracking your internet browsing

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Oct 25 18:42:01 UTC 2013

On Fri, Oct 25, 2013 at 11:08:20AM -0700, spike wrote:

> Wouldn't that scheme make it impossible to take someone's websearch history
> for use as an advertisement magnet?  What about the recent case where a web

Yes. Do not have a web search history. Download an amnesiac environment
like Whonix or Tails, and never, every bother about forgetting to have
your shields up when doing battle with the forces of evil.

> search history was used as evidence in court?  Could not some evil Tea Party
> candidate use website search history to discourage or defame a political
> opponent?
>
> This group is crawling with script gurus.  Someone help out the world here.

This is not a matter of some simple script. But there are appliances
like https://www.whonix.org/wiki/Main_Page or https://tails.boum.org/