[ExI] comments please regarding snoopy-doopy.gov

spike spike66 at att.net
Tue Oct 29 17:52:46 UTC 2013

Subject: Re: [ExI] comments please regarding snoopy-doopy.gov

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 8:26 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

>>.it was this data harvesting effort which crashed the HealthCare.gov site,
required a 600 million dollar software development effort which failed
ignominiously

>.Please refrain from such hyperbole.  Not only does it do you no credit,
but it prevents you from figuring things out: as you noted, you "don't get
it" here.  Almost all the data HealthCare.gov collects is already known to
the government; no "data harvesting effort" was necessary.

I disagree sir.  The IRS had most of this data, but the IRS is not the
government.  They are not allowed to share what they know.  They sometimes
do, if the victim is a Tea Party type or a Republican, but it is illegal, as
we are watching unfold in the case of Sarah Hall Ingram.

>.Never assume malice where mere incompetence will suffice.  In the case of
that site, mere incompetence suffices.

Adrian, I see incompetence here, but I also see plenty of evidence of malice
in both the Ingram case and the Lerner case, both of which are applicable to
the current situation: the IRS abused its power and leaked confidential
information.  It will all eventually come out, likely just before the
November 2014 elections.