[ExI] Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60%

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Wed Sep 11 21:55:10 UTC 2013

From: Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org>

snip

> The course of global warming is graven in stone. Not a damn
thing can be done about it at this point, especially now that
we have multiple feedback mechanisms kicking in.

That's probably correct, but perhaps not certain.  It looks like a
really aggressive power satellite project could keep the CO2 short of
the 450 ppm level.

As a side effect of that effort, we might be able to put sunshades in L1.

Of course we still have to worry about the friendly AIs eating our brains.

(Assuming they have not done it already and we are simulations.)

Keith