[ExI] Global cooling: Arctic ice caps grows by 60%

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Sep 13 05:30:49 UTC 2013

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 02:55:10PM -0700, Keith Henson wrote:

> That's probably correct, but perhaps not certain.  It looks like a
> really aggressive power satellite project could keep the CO2 short of
> the 450 ppm level.

Any air (flue gas initially) scrubbing will be competing with
burning fossils (apropos burning fossils, Denmark outlawed fossil
burners in new home heating). Don't see CO2 levels slowing
down before 2080, nevermind reversing. By that time methane
and water will dominate the greenhouse effect.

> As a side effect of that effort, we might be able to put sunshades in L1.

Any massive SPS constellation in LEO will automatically cause
shading all by itself.

> Of course we still have to worry about the friendly AIs eating our brains.

Sounds suspiciously like zombies.

> (Assuming they have not done it already and we are simulations.)

Then, we are golden, and have to do nothing! You Could Be Immortal Already!