[ExI] Silence in the sky-but why?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Sun Sep 22 21:32:56 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM, Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:

> Renewable deployment rate runs short a factor of 100, and that
> deployment gap is cumulative. The longer you wait, the more
> it's going to hurt.

Thus the need for space-based solar, or something else that can massively
boost this deployment rate.

> The energy supply gap means one thing: austerity.
> Demand destruction. Cutting back consumption not because it's
> a worthwhile thing, but because you no longer can afford it.
> Death by a million of papercuts.

The amount of energy you spend trying to get others to spend less energy,
is greater than the amount of energy you've gotten people to save.
Logically, if this is your measure of what's worthy, then you should stop
spending any energy.

> In case you were wondering whether we really are yeast:
> yes, we are. We can't deny it.

You can't.  We can.  And when the world has failed to collapse, some of us
will be there continuing to make sure it doesn't, rather than waste our
time with disasterbation.