[ExI] Medical power of attorney for cryonicsts

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 7 11:02:48 UTC 2014

Spike wrote:

 >I don't understand why western minds seem to experience no cognitive
 >dissonance when they hear themselves say that circumcision is wrong for
 >non-consenting females but perfectly OK for non-consenting males.  The
hell
 >with that!  My sense of ethics tells me that infant circumcision is wrong
 >cubed.

These are two different things.  Yes, infant circumcision is wrong
cubed, but female and male circumsision are quite different.  I remember
first hearing about the female variety, and it made me sick to my
stomach.  That is a truly barbaric thing to do.  Losing your foreskin is
a relatively trivial, cosmetic thing.

Surely you could understand people saying that forced removal of both
legs is wrong, but forced permanent removal of leg-hair is not so bad?
Both wrong, yes, but one much, much wronger than the other.

Ben Zaiboc