[ExI] far future

Ben bbenzai at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 9 21:39:58 UTC 2014

It occurs to me that minds that were evolved to cope with the African
Savannah on approximately the metre scale, are woefully inequipped for
understanding how the universe works.  The reason that the double-slit
experiment, and all the other manifestations of quantum theory (and many
other things) are mind-blowing to us is probably that our minds never
needed to understand those things during our evolutionary development.
That kind of understanding will probably require a different mental
architecture than the one we have.  It's likely that anyone capable of
understanding how the universe works can't be 'human' in any
currently-accepted sense.

Ben Zaiboc