[ExI] common core educations standards, was: RE: far future

Mirco Romanato painlord2k at libero.it
Thu Jan 23 19:04:53 UTC 2014

Il 21/01/2014 00:46, Adrian Tymes ha scritto:

> But is Congress passing a law here?  No.  Is it illegal to teach
> non-CC?  No.  You might not get funding from the feds if you do not, but
> nothing in the US Constitution requires the feds to fund any particular
> educational model; it just says they may promote this sort of thing (so
> long as, for example, they maintain separation of church and state - and
> no, not just any worldview can be called "church" in that sense).

I would see the utility of a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting the
federal government to give any money to state or local government.

Who own the gold make the rules.
Who pay the piper choose the tune.

If the Federal Government was prevented from giving money to the states
(always with strings attached) it would have problems to Rule Them All
as now.

Mirco