[ExI] How dangerous is radiation?

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 16:19:16 UTC 2014

On Jul 8, 2014 8:03 AM, "John Clark" <johnkclark at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mice are very short lived animals so a skeptic would say that if cancer
didn't show up in a couple of years it was just because there wasn't enough
time for the cancer to develop.

A quick google on "cancer rates mice" returns sufficient evidence to debunk
that claim: mice at 800 days have similar cancer rates as humans at 80
years, given similar environments.

But yeah, even the limited data we have on humans seems to debunk the
default assumption.  (We call it LNT, but those who use it typically do not
name, believing there can be no alternative so why bother naming the only
possibility.  Our challenge is more getting them to take seriously that
there can be any other option and the implication of alternatives; proving
the right one helps but is not sufficient by itself.)