[ExI] FW: Rube opinion re transhumanism

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 1 22:22:23 UTC 2014

”

> 'Blessed to die?' What exactly is being blessed to die?

​In my book I imagine that people will live hundreds of years.  In that
time one accumulates memories by the ton.  Included are those of loved ones
who died and other very sad events.  I imagine that people will be grateful
to leave life, weighted down as they are by memories.

Many people are blessed to die because of intractable pain.  Ben Franklin
was - he had bad gout and said that he hoped not to live much longer.

Now if some sci-fi​

​stories turn out to be true, then memories can be erased, giving relief.​
And if pain too is conquered, then there is no blessing.