[ExI] Be nice to leftists

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Thu Jun 5 16:43:21 UTC 2014

On 05/31/2014 01:40 PM, Omar Rahman wrote:

>> Date: Fri, 30 May 2014 09:49:08 -0700
>> From: "tokenpike" <spike66 at att.net <mailto:spike66 at att.net>>
>> To: "'ExI chat list'" <extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org
>> <mailto:extropy-chat at lists.extropy.org>>
>> Subject: Re: [ExI] Be nice to leftists
>> <mailto:041b01cf7c27$1465ac10$3d310430$@att.net>>
>>
>>> . On Behalf Of Omar Rahman
>>
>>> .I can see the positive potential in well regulated capitalism, can
>>> you see
>> this negative potential in unregulated capitalism?

There is no "regulation" necessary to a free market except against fraud
and other initiations of force.  Regulation beyond this is the
destruction of a free market, that is of human freedom to follow what
they believe in their own interest in making economic decisions, to
voluntarily reach agreements, to seek win-win in economic transactions.

In a truly free country there should be a quite strong separation
between State and Economy.

>> Ja.  The real problem is that the term regulation assumes government
>> intervention, and all governments are for sale.  Humans have never
>> invented
>> a form of government that was anything other than Plutocracies in various
>> disguises, completely without exception.  Marx theorized a hypothetical
>> alternative.  Humanity experimented with his notions at enormous cost in
>> human suffering.  We should go ahead and rip away the masks;
>> recognize that
>> all governments everywhere run on gold, at every level everywhere and
>> everywhen.  It's the most universal truth of human behavior.  All
>> efforts to
>> defeat that observation have merely reinforced it.
>>

> "All governments run on gold, at every level everywhere and
> everywhen." - Spike

Governments are filled with human beings, just like the governed.  They
are in no wise better - not smarter or more ethical or wiser.    So a
government sets up some humans to make relatively arbitrary decisions
and gives them the power to impose them by force on everyone else.  That
is what it is.  If you are going to be honest about government then you
need to start with deep understanding of that.  It is why we should seek
the very least amount of something so dangerous and as well controlled
as possible.  It is far far more dangerous than business of any sort and
size.  Business cannot jail or kill you for refusing to purchase or use
its "services" or telling it to go efly a kite if it tries to dictate
terms to you - or else.

- samantha