[ExI] Will head transplants be the new life extension method?

Mike Dougherty msd001 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 22:44:26 UTC 2014

On Jun 6, 2014 11:46 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> >... On Behalf Of Mike Dougherty
> >...I hope by the time we're seriously considering head transplants ...
>
> Mike you are aware that head transplants have been done, ja?  Transplant
> pioneer Robert White did it on rhesus monkeys.  I remember reading about
it
> in Science News when I was in elementary school, so that would have been
no
> later than about 1970 or 71.  Both monkeys stayed alive for a while.

Ok. When I say "seriously considering" I mean not just thinking it would be
a cool experiment; rather more like "people within one or two degrees of
separation from me have had it done are are still alive to talk to me about
it before I employ this method of life extension"  I want ro meet in a cafe
to discuss over a nice lunch, not bedside in a facility.  I doubt those
monkeys "stayed alive" in the highest of monkey-style. :)