[ExI] blue screen = hard disk crash?

Henry Rivera hrivera at alumni.virginia.edu
Sun Jun 29 18:52:04 UTC 2014

> On Jun 29, 2014, at 1:10 PM, Spike wrote:
>
> Questions please computer hipsters:
>
> - Does a crashed hard drive cause a blue screen?
> - Is there anything else that can cause a blue screen?
> - What does a BIOS failure do?  Blue screen?
> - Does a failed memory module on the motherboard cause a blue screen?
> - Assuming a disk failure, if action is taken immediately, is any of the data on the disk recoverable?

I'm a federal employee. I'm pretty sure we all are on the same enterprise contract, but I can't say for sure it's the same at IRS. So for me we use Outlook connected to Exchange. So the emails are on the Exchange server, not local. I can log on Remotely to my work account from a variety of devices and open Outlook and see my emails. Copies may be stored locally but they are definitely on Exchange. A BSOD could represent a local hd failure among other things, but the emails aren't lost. The Exchange server is backed up, probably to tape. So if Exchange loses data, there should be a recent back up.
-Henry