[ExI] cool! locals create circuit board modeled on the human brain

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu May 1 19:37:19 UTC 2014

Spike, surely you jest.  No, that number just stuck in my head.  Sorry.

Many studies show that we tend to forget sources quickly.  So that 'fact'
you remember coming from a journal article may have come from Men's Health,
or whoknowswhere.

I do seem to recall that 200 is a 'resting rate' or idle speed.  Neurons
can fire up to about 2000 times a second depending on the type of neuron
and where it is located.

I do not know how many processes are going on in the brain at any given
time, but I do know that there are about 100,000 enzymes in our bodies and
of course that many chemical reactions.  We are staying upright, digesting
food, regulating all the hormones etc.  And you want a computer to do
thousands of different things at one time?  Talk about parallel
processing.  billw