[ExI] Big Data Visualization

natasha at natasha.cc natasha at natasha.cc
Wed May 14 22:31:30 UTC 2014

Thanks Harvey.

-----Original Message-----
From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Harvey Newstrom
Sent: Tuesday, May 13, 2014 4:14 AM
To: 'ExI chat list'
Subject: Re: [ExI] Big Data Visualization

natasha at natasha.cc , 9/5/2014 8:22 PM:
> Can anyone suggest fairly easy to learn and cheap software for stunning
data visualization that is more design wise than Excel looking?

I have seen amazing stuff done with the full version of Tableau.  But I have
not worked with it myself to comment how easy it is to use.  Nor have I
worked with the public/free version to know how it compares with the
expensive version.  But the full version can indeed handle massively "big"
data and can produce extensively helpful visualizations.