[ExI] Big Data Visualization

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 18:35:10 UTC 2014

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I want to correct one thing:

Visualize an xy axis:  some measure of learning is on the y and time (or
trials etc.) is on the x.

So if learning goes slowly, the the curve rises slowly.  If learning is
fast, then the curve is steep.

I know people think of 'steep' as difficult, but with learning curves it is
not so.  I dunno how this misconception got out there, but it's very
difficult to get rid of, like the 'vaccines cause disease' one.

Please help get rid of this cliche'.  I taught Learning for 35 years and
this is driving me crazy!  It's worse than the misconception of negative
reinforcement as punishment.

bill w