[ExI] question for it hipsters

spike spike66 at att.net
Wed Oct 15 17:22:21 UTC 2014

Subject: Re: [ExI] question for it hipsters

On Oct 15, 2014 7:48 AM, "spike" <spike66 at att.net> wrote:
> >…  It would be easier for us to believe that their homework ate the dog.

>…No, disks do crash.  It is - perhaps marginally, but is - within the bounds of plausibility, enough - perhaps barely - to stay below the threshold of proof needed for criminal charges…

The reason I have a hard time with that is that if the only copy of email is on a hard disk, then the user with that disk can access it and modify it in any way she wants.  If that is the case, the email on that disk is useless as evidence anyway.

Can the IRS take any e-filing, modify it to make you a tax cheat, then confiscate your bank account at their whim?

> >…  Congress doesn't seem to be able to stop them.

>…So far as can be determined, it has stopped…

Sure but we cannot determine it.  We have a former IRS director who has pled the fifth, which ends the presumption of innocence and puts the burden of proof on her.  But the evidence is missing.  We must assume guilt in any case which starts out with the phrase “So far as can be determined” if the suspect pleads the fifth.

>…  There may be a problem with not punishing the guilty after the fact, but then, our previous President and Vice President were never impeached nor brought up on charges despite much clearer evidence…

Ja but this isn’t about presidents or vice presidents.  It is about the IRS.  We don’t know that the current president, VP or the previous ones were in on this caper.  The evidence is missing under suspicious circumstances.