[ExI] lockheed's fusion video

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 00:36:43 UTC 2014

On Tue, Oct 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> The creators of the Tokamak when faced with this problem, went the only
> way I can think of: they made the reaction vessel huge, to increase the
> surface area of that inner surface, the first surface a hot neutron sees.

There are other, more efficient ways to increase the surface area -
especially the ratio of surface area to volume, to mass of plasma, or to
number of neutrons, all of which ratios go down if you go big.
(Volume/mass/molar count at given density scale with the cube of linear
dimension, while surface area only scales with the square.)

Or did you mean to decrease the surface area's ratio?

Also, is there a discrete surface?  My impression was that plasmas don't
have surface tension the way liquids do.