[ExI] nick's book being sold by fox news

Giulio Prisco giulio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 09:47:39 UTC 2014

I don't think a paperclipper would stay a paperclipper forever. Soone
ror later it would expand. In general, I don't think we can design and
freeze the value and motivational systems of an entity smarter than
us, for the same reasons we can't do that with children. At some point
the entity would start to do what _he_ wants. Isn't that part of the
definition of intelligence?

I don't dismiss the possibility of accidental extermination by a
paperclipper still in the paperclipper phase, but I think the
paperclipper would become a mind child in the long term, perhaps
incorporating mind grafts from you and I.