[ExI] AI

Adrian Tymes atymes at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 18:06:58 UTC 2014

On Sep 29, 2014 5:52 AM, "William Flynn Wallace" <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:
> If we knew exactly what we wanted a computer program to do, it would be
easy to write the code, correct?

Indeed, knowing what the program is to do is often the problem.

> Also, calling it intelligence or creativity may in fact hinder the
efforts because we are still undecided what they are, especially the
latter.  Why not just figure out what you want the computer to do and
program it?

We want it, ultimately, to be at least human equivalent and probably
superior.  Figuring out what that means, in terms of stuff that can be
directly coded, is a large part of the challenge.