[ExI] Gigadeath was crosswords

Keith Henson hkeithhenson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 20 20:32:41 UTC 2015

On Mon, Apr 20, 2015 at 5:00 AM,   William Flynn Wallace
<foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Name a Nobel Prize winner in any science in the last 50 years.
>
> I'll bet most people could not name even one.  Just is not taught in
> school.  Popularity goes to the Twitter/Hollywood/Facebook, TV crowd.
> Aren't we so proud of the human race?  If the Singularity occurs, we can
> get rid of the lower 99% of humans and not miss a step.

Bill, if the Extropian list had a mechanism to toss people, for me
this post would invoke it.

It's not the subject, Drexler speculated about governments throwing
away inconvenient populations 30 years ago, but the approving
attitude.

I bust my ass trying to figure an out from running out of low cost
energy and most of the human population dying in famines and wars.

I was going to post news on significant on progress, but you have
soured me on even being here.

Keith