[ExI] Old Nutrition Studies

James Clement clementlawyer at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 05:50:30 UTC 2015

 Brian Manning Delaney <listsb at infinitefaculty.org> wrote:.3 March 2010

> James, how amazingly fortunate you are to have gotten a whole genome scan!
> And thank you for participating in the PGP. Your participation benefits us
> all. (I'm still trying to decide which health data tracking/storage system
> is best so that I can upload my health data.)
>
> I'm also testing blood glucose regularly. I'm less convinced we know how
> to interpret blood lipids, so I'm holding off on doing that frequently, but
> th science is pretty solid on the merits of keeping glucose down -- both
> avg. levels and spikes, possibly even very brief spikes (although CR
> rodents in the normal model of CR, where, for budgetary reasons, the
> animals are fed once a day, have huge, though fairly brief glucose spikes,
> but still live extremely long lives).
>
> Brian

 Thanks Brian. I think one of the biggest reasons that Doctors don't test
for LDL particle size or quantity is that there's no Rx for fixing such. It
turns out that eating low-carb is probably the best thing you can do for
reducing particle size and Triglycerides. From the papers I've read on
this, it seems much more likely that small, dense particle size in high
quantities is the culprit of CVD, but of course in genetics there's no "one
size fits all," which is why I strongly advocate as much self-testing as
possible, and hedging bets.

When you find out about what tracking/storage service to use, let me know
too. I'm using MS HealthVault for now, primarily because LabCorp will
automatically post blood tests (whether doctor ordered, or DTC) into it.

Cheers,

James