[ExI] Old Nutrition Studies

Jason Resch jasonresch at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 19:23:25 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 25, 2015 at 2:38 PM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Coconut oil is good, too.

Coconut oil is fairly unique as far as fats go. It contains something
called Medium Chain Triglycerides (the only other food source known to
contain these is in human breast milk and in goat milk). What is
interesting about this is that they can directly enter the blood stream to
provide energy, unlike other fats which need to be digested in the small
intestine first. Also, the liver breaks them down into ketone bodies, which
is one of two fuels the brain can use, the other being glucose. Since the
brains ability to metabolize glucose is often impaired in dementia and
Alzheimers patients, some have found that adding coconut oil (or MCT oil)
directly to the diet to have brought about significant improvement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=50&v=feyydeMFWy4

Jason