[ExI] Fate/was Re: Man’s Greatest Achievement – Nikola Tesla on Akashic engineering and the future of humanity

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 19:48:00 UTC 2015

On Dec 3, 2558 BE, at 8:25 AM, William Flynn Wallace <foozler83 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Yes, Destiny and Fate are usually thought of as predetermined. But as
> that may lead lazy humans to stop working and say 'Well, what will be,
> will be' philosophers tend to reason that humans still have to work to
> achieve their destiny.  i.e. work ethic.
>
> Predestination leads to rather convoluted reasoning.  :)  anders
>
> I think the main use of fate in everyday life is to try to accept bad outcomes, such as cancer, accidents, and death.  It's a way of saying "There was nothing I could do about it."  I suspect that saying this does not really mean that the person totally believes in predestination/karma.  Put another way, it's an ego defense mechanism.

In my opinion, most people who throw around these terms aren't really thinking all that deeply. It's sort of like people who say "God bless you" when you sneeze. I don't believe every last person saying that is thinking that there is a god and that god will do anything based on this speech act.

I've liked the Samuel Butler line on this since I first read it in one of Wayne Booth's books: "... as luck would have it, Providence was on my side."

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst