[ExI] [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

John Clark johnkclark at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 16:41:42 UTC 2015

On Fri, Dec 4, 2015 at 9:46 PM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> > Donald Trump: graduated from Wharton school of business, became a
> self-made multi-billionaire.

Self Made?
​ Trump inherited at least 40
 million
​ from his daddy in 1974. Since 1974 ​the S&P 500 has gone up 74 fold, if
he had put his inheritance into a simple S&P index fund and reinvested the
dividends today it would be worth 3.4 billion. Today after all of Trump's
wheeling and dealing and all his art of the deal Bloomberg says Trump is
worth 2.9 billion and Forbs says it's 4.5 billion; he would have done about
as well with a invest it and forget it strategy.

> ​> ​
> Ted Cruz: graduate of Princeton and Harvard Law School magna cum laude,
> 1995 world debating champion.

​Ted Cruz is ignorant but he's not stupid and that's why of all the
presidential candidates he scares me the most.  Craig Mazin was
Cruz's roommate and this is what he has to say about his fellow Princeton
alumni:

​

*"Ted Cruz was my roommate. I did not like him at all in college​.​ And you
know, I want to be clear, because Ted Cruz is a nightmare of a human being.
I have plenty of problems with his politics, but truthfully his personality
is so awful that 99 per cent of why I hate him is just his personality.​
​​If he agreed with me on every issue, I would hate him only one per cent
less.I would rather have anybody else be the president of the United
States. Anyone. I would rather pick somebody from the phone book.​"​*

> ​> ​
> Ben Carson: brain surgeon.

​Ben Carson is a skilled mechanic with good manual dexterity who believes
that Joseph of the Bible built the Egyptian Pyramids to store grain and the
big bang theory
​ is
 ​
part of the “fairy tales” pushed by “high-faluting scientists” as a story
of creation
​" but Carson does  ​"
believe in the six-day creation
​"​
​ and thinks "
the
​ ​
organs of the body completely refute evolution" and that
​ ​
Charles Darwin
​ ​
got the inspiration for his book
​from Satan
.

> ​> ​
> John that business with creationism is the political sales pitch; we don’t
> know what these guys believe.

​I'd like to think they're just liars because I'd much rather a liar have
his finger on the nuclear trigger than a fool, but I don't think they're
liars, I think they're sincere and I think they're fools.

  John K Clark