[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 02:33:49 UTC 2015

On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 7:28 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 5, 2558 BE, at 4:19 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <
> rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> On Sat, Dec 5, 2015 at 4:08 PM, William Flynn Wallace
>>
>> Religious groups, no.  But our American aborigines, yes.  We have a giant
>> guilt complex regarding them which is fully justified.  OK, so they were in
>> the stone age when we came but that doesn't justify the slaughter or the
>> broken treatises.
>>

> ### Guilt over Indians is unjustified. They were violent, frequently
> enough cannibalistic, ignorant, ignoble and their plight is of their own
> doing.
>

> I disagree. They were wiped out by disease and conquest. Not every last
> one of them, especially their children, deserved that. The cases in the US
> where they tried to live peacefully with Whites, but then were massacred.

### I don't believe it. Indians as a rule did not live peacefully with
their neighbors, regardless of race or creed. Existing primitive tribes are
warlike, treacherous, and virulently xenophobic. The Amerind were the same,
regardless of what a century of whitewashing tried to tell us. And not
every last was wiped out - in fact, the ones who were peaceful enough and
willing to learn from whites, contributed to our society. Just ask Sen.
Warren.

Rafał