[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 6 17:33:15 UTC 2015

John Clark wrote:

​We? I don't feel the least bit guilty because I wasn't alive back then.
And I have no doubt that the history of ​
American aborigines
​ from 16,000 BC to 1492 AD was at least as bloody and unjust as that of
the Europeans. The Noble Savage never existed.

You are correct.  They were no better than we are or than we were. I just
don't see any problem with giving them a break now and then.  Nothing could
repay what we did, just as nothing we can do for descendants of slaves will
heal the wound.  I also agree that I should feel no guilt and I don't.

Man's inhumanity to man:  will we ever learn just how animalistic we really
are at the very core of us?  And maybe next time think a bit before we
shoot?  Maybe repeat the Golden Rule a few times?  Maybe not elect those
who dwell on fears and do shoot first or at least advocate it?

bill w