[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 00:10:00 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Why all? Why not to those who were appropriated from, citizen or not? For
> instance, if the government of Ruritania took my stuff, even though I'm
> not, have never been, and do not plan to be a citizen of Ruritania, all
> else being equal, I should get my stuff back (or something equivalent). It
> would be just if said government took my stuff, then sold it off and gave
> the proceeds to its citizens.

### If you are a victim of an illegitimate taking, yes, you should get your
stuff back but I don't think you could find many such persons when it comes
to de-nationalizing US federal land. The victims are dead, their
descendants do not have a clear title, trying to fix it would be a costly
mess.

> I don't believe anyone should be voting in elections -- save maybe in
> self-defense.

### Indeed :)

Still, disenfranchisement of government employees would be a good start
towards the abolition of democracy.

Rafał