[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Dan TheBookMan danust2012 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 01:06:50 UTC 2015

On Dec 6, 2558 BE, at 4:10 PM, Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 6:43 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Why all? Why not to those who were appropriated from, citizen or not? For instance, if the government of Ruritania took my stuff, even though I'm not, have never been, and do not plan to be a citizen of Ruritania, all else being equal, I should get my stuff back (or something equivalent). It would be just if said government took my stuff, then sold it off and gave the proceeds to its citizens.
>
> ### If you are a victim of an illegitimate taking, yes, you should get your stuff back but I don't think you could find many such persons when it comes to de-nationalizing US federal land. The victims are dead, their descendants do not have a clear title, trying to fix it would be a costly mess.

This is why, elsewhere, I stipulate where this is practicable. In many cases, I agree, one simply can't figure this out.

>> I don't believe anyone should be voting in elections -- save maybe in self-defense.
>
> ### Indeed :)
>
> Still, disenfranchisement of government employees would be a good start towards the abolition of democracy.

It's not so much the abolition of democracy, but of the state. After all, you wouldn't want, I trust, to abolish democracy but leave the state in place -- say, as an autocracy or an oligarchy. And, no, I don't agree with someone like Hoppe on this. Democracy simpliciter might be worse than the stateless system I would prefer, but current democracy might be better than many other likely systems to arise in its wake. (I certainly wouldn't want the US to evolve into a praetorian guard state, which might be one likely outcome, especially given the concentration of executive power and the increasing reliance on police and military power over the last few years.)

Regards,

Dan
  Sample my Kindle books via:
http://author.to/DanUst