[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

Rafal Smigrodzki rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 19:12:01 UTC 2015

On Sun, Dec 6, 2015 at 8:06 PM, Dan TheBookMan <danust2012 at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's not so much the abolition of democracy, but of the state. After all,
> you wouldn't want, I trust, to abolish democracy but leave the state in
> place -- say, as an autocracy or an oligarchy. And, no, I don't agree with
> someone like Hoppe on this. Democracy simpliciter might be worse than the
> stateless system I would prefer, but current democracy might be better than
> many other likely systems to arise in its wake. (I certainly wouldn't want
> the US to evolve into a praetorian guard state, which might be one likely
> outcome, especially given the concentration of executive power and the
> increasing reliance on police and military power over the last few years.)

### We might be nit-picking details here, but I would say I am for the
abolition of democracy, as long as I get something better. If the US was a
true democracy, transmitting the will of the people, as expressed in
voting, unweighted and unfiltered, to the effectors of power, we'd have a
mess. This does not mean that I support authoritarianism.

Rafał