[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

spike spike66 at att.net
Thu Dec 10 06:18:31 UTC 2015

>… On Behalf Of Dan TheBookMan
Subject: Re: [ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com <mailto:steinberg.will at gmail.com> > wrote:

John, it's imbecilic for you to call the beliefs of the native Hawaiians imbecilic.  And just rude.

>…I wouldn't call them imbecilic … My guess is it's nationalism…Dan

A pattern emerges.  The society which makes the most progress is that society most willing to re-examine every tradition, review every principle, question every ethical precept and every venerated saint, everything its own ancestors did every generation, and always be willing to hurl it all into the bit bucket if something better comes along.

We see plenty of societies which have rejected science for their cultural traditions.  We see societies which want to murder those who reject their culture and religion.  I want to be on the side which embraces science, growth and change.