[ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again

William Flynn Wallace foozler83 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 15:50:38 UTC 2015

On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 12:18 AM, spike <spike66 at att.net> wrote:

> *>…* *On Behalf Of *Dan TheBookMan
> *Subject:* Re: [ExI] Religious Idiocy Triumphs Over Science Yet Again
>

> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015 at 3:08 PM, Will Steinberg <steinberg.will at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> John, it's imbecilic for you to call the beliefs of the native Hawaiians
> imbecilic.  And just rude.
>
> >…I wouldn't call them imbecilic … My guess is it's nationalism…Dan
>

> A pattern emerges.  The society which makes the most progress is that
> society most willing to re-examine every tradition, review every principle,
> question every ethical precept and every venerated saint, everything its
> own ancestors did every generation, and always be willing to hurl it all
> into the bit bucket if something better comes along.
>
> We see plenty of societies which have rejected science for their cultural
> traditions.  We see societies which want to murder those who reject their
> culture and religion.  I want to be on the side which embraces science,
> growth and change.
>
> spike

​There is a big difference between what we are doing here and what we can
do publicaly.  Right?  While it may be intellectually defensible to
criticize religions and cultures and ladies' hairdos, it can get downright
dangerous to do so in their faces.  We all might be on somebody's hit list
if we go public with our opinions.  bill w​